Over the last 15 months I’ve been giving occasional presentations & workshops about “2.0” and some of the things we’ve done with our OPAC, but the next five weeks are going to be hectic with 6 presentations:
- 02/Nov/2007 – “Transformative Technologies: Web 2.0 in the library environment”, Glasgow (CILIP Scotland)
- 06/Nov/2007 – “Insight 2007: Inspiration for Change”, Birmingham (Talis)
- 08/Nov/2007 – “Off the Shelves: From the Quill to the Chip”, Waterford, Ireland (Library Association of Ireland)
- 21/Nov/2007 – “Is library 2.0 a trivial pursuit?”, London (JIBS)
- 23/Nov/2007 – CILIP Yorkshire & Humberside Members’ Day, York (CILIP)
- 06/Nov/2007 – Online Information 2007, London
At most of the events, I’m going to be talking about the OPAC and the core content of the presentations will be the same.
If you’re planning to be at any of the events, be sure to say to “hello” — if I can hand out all of my moo cards, then I’ve got an excuse to order some new ones!
With all the travelling involved, I should have plenty of time to plan exactly how HIPpie will work and get some of the coding done. Speaking of which, many thanks to everyone who’s been in touch and expressed in interest — as soon as there’s something to test, I’ll let you all know!